GB HOMEPAGE

King's Quest I - Help with Condor? Please

Posted By: Laurette

King's Quest I - Help with Condor? Please - 04/22/09 10:40 PM

Am at the part, after climbing out of well and supposed to enter dragon's cave. Don't see a cave anywhere (out of well). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: MaG

Re: King's Quest I - 04/22/09 11:42 PM

Let's wait for someone to help you.
Have you checked the wts?

Chris' wt states: After leaving the water - Go left, then you will see a Dragon guarding the Magic Mirror.

Also in the well - did you:
When you get to the end of you’re rope, jump into the water and dive. Go down to the left and up, then leave the water.
Posted By: venus

Re: King's Quest I - 04/23/09 01:37 AM

Laurette, which version of King's Quest are you playing? The original, the Sierra remake or the fan made VGA remake? The cave location differs depending on which version you are playing.
Posted By: ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/23/09 02:13 AM

I'm in the well, but I can't dive to be able to swim to the left to the dragon cave. What is the secret to dive? I keep drowning.
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/23/09 02:36 AM

This is what the wt stated:

A Fairy will appear. [If Fairy not here, go up and down until she appears] She will give you a short protective spell, then go [E3X] to the well. Cut the rope with your dagger, then you will get the bucket. Now lower the rope into the well, then climb down. When you get to the end of you’re rope, jump into the water and dive. Go down to the left and up, then leave the water.

Did you meet the fairy?

Re: King's Quest I - 04/23/09 04:28 PM

I'm playing the Sierra remake. At the beginning of the game I was able to go into the other underwater section. After playing for a while, I cut the rope, jumped into the water, but was unable to dive. So, I'll try the other walkthrough which, at least, states where to go! The one I'm using doesn't. Thanks everybody.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/23/09 06:09 PM

Laurette,

You did not answer me - did you meet the fairy?
If so - did she give you a protective spell?

Re: King's Quest I - 04/24/09 01:12 AM

Laurette, you may have already figured this out, but all you have to do is type "dive." Once Graham dives, you should be able to find the cave. smile

Re: King's Quest I - 04/24/09 03:23 PM

MaG: Sorry, thought you were talking to Ruthie. Yes, and am past the dragon part. Onto the Condor. Thanks.
Venus: I did figure it out. Thanks.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/24/09 03:32 PM

Glad you were able to move on, Laurette. thumbsup

Re: King's Quest I - 04/24/09 06:16 PM

Yes, I met the fairy and have the protective spell, but I cannot dive after I jump in the water. I can't seem to get him to go down any farther. He just thrashes around and eventually drowns and I have to restore.
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/24/09 08:47 PM

ruthie,

Have tried what Venus stated - type in 'dive'.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/25/09 12:09 AM

I'll try it and see what happens It didn't work. I just got a new flat screen monitor and the resolution it calls for seems to cut off the top and bottom of the picture and I can't figure out how to change it. Suggestion????
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/25/09 01:18 AM

I don't know if changing the monitor resolution to a higher value might help.
See if you can play with it.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/25/09 08:43 PM

Just came out of the cave. I sometimes see a red bird and sometimes a blue bird. Is either one of these the condor? Also, when I type "jump" nothing happens. Tried F3 (as mentioned in the walkthrough - nothing happens).Thanks.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/25/09 09:35 PM

Let's wait for someone to help you.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/26/09 12:39 PM

I have the resolution for the monitor set as high as it will go. Is there any way to increase it even more? One or twice (I haven't been able to re-create it) I do dive, but then when I get to the cave, I can't seem to get up on the bank. I'll keep trying though.
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/26/09 01:21 PM

Ruthie,

Is there a word to get you up to the bank like 'walk' or 'climb'?

Re: King's Quest I - 04/26/09 02:24 PM

What I did, finally, I played that part of the game in a window (to do that, I had to play as administrator)I had to really strain my eyes to do it. Once I got to the cave, I saved and then went back to full screen. To do that, I had to quit and restart in normal mode. It worked anyway. Now, I am finally in the clouds.
ruthie
Posted By: Rushes

Re: King's Quest I - 04/26/09 05:56 PM

Enjoy the rest of the game, ruthie.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/26/09 05:57 PM

That's wonderful that you did it. Have fun.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/26/09 11:07 PM

Thank you Rushes and MaG.
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/30/09 02:03 PM

Now, I have still another problem. This time with trying to catch the condor. Is there a secret? When I use the hand to try to catch it, sometimes Graham jumps, but he never catches the bird. I tried f3, but that didn't work. Is there any other secret?
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/30/09 02:16 PM

The secret to this is to stand on the rock a bit to the right.
Wait for it to swoop down and then jump.
It takes several tries but works.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/30/09 02:44 PM

You said "stand ON the rock" I've tried to stand on it, but I can't get on it. I'll try a little to the right as you suggested and see if I can do better.
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 04/30/09 03:22 PM

luck ruthie, let us know how you get on.

Re: King's Quest I - 04/30/09 07:07 PM

I've been looking for a screenshot that I thought we had. Can't find it.

Anyhow - from the SierraPlanet walkthrough:
(To jump, just type JUMP on the screen repeatedly. Using the F3 key might be helpful here. If you are playing the original version, you can use the zero [0] key instead).Try timing your jump so that the peak of Graham's jump is at the same time as the condor's low swoop. This may take several tries before Graham gets picked up and carried away by the condor.
Posted By: Troglodyte

Re: King's Quest I - 05/08/09 11:07 PM

Its been a couple of years since I played the VGA remake and also had some trouble with the condor. Timing is everything as MaG has stated. You must be beside the rock and where the condor is at its lowest point.
The other thing I did successfully was to slow down the game speed to the slowest setting. When I did this, I caught the condor every time. Playing on the faster speed makes it most difficult.

I hope you find this helpful.

Re: King's Quest I - 05/08/09 11:37 PM

Thanks, Troglodyte.

Re: King's Quest I - 05/10/09 01:54 AM

Thanks from me, too. I'll try that.
ruthie

Re: King's Quest I - 05/10/09 12:25 PM

Keep us posted, ruthie. luck

Re: King's Quest I - 05/13/09 01:56 AM

Will someone tell me HOW to slow down the game? I still haven't been able to catch that #$$%^@$ bird.
ruthie
Posted By: Mad

Re: King's Quest I - 05/13/09 02:19 AM

When you go to the top of the screen amongst the option icons, there will be one, which, when you select it, shows an upright scale (like a volume scale) and you can move the slider up or down to change the speed of the game grin

Re: King's Quest I - 05/13/09 03:53 AM

Thanks, Mad. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community