GB HOMEPAGE

Steam

Posted By: linda333

Steam - 03/26/24 10:37 PM

I can't download any of my games for my Steam library. It is telling me there is no internet connection. My internet is working fine so why can't i access my steam games? I have never experienced this before.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Steam - 03/26/24 10:54 PM

Have you tried rebooting your computer? That's the first thing I found on most of my search results. Most also recommend you check for Steam updates. There are several suggestions here.

https://www.makeuseof.com/steam-cant-connect-internet-windows/
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Steam - 03/26/24 10:54 PM

Check to make sure you are Logged In or at the very least make sure you check your steam app to see if you are "[b]Online"[/b], if you are offline then you will get that "You are not connected to the internet error"

Re: Steam - 03/26/24 10:58 PM

Thanks, Starcom! That's the first thing suggested in that link.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Steam - 03/26/24 11:05 PM

This happens to me occasionally. I just wait it out. I think it is when they are doing something on their end. Right now Down Detector shows issues.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Steam - 03/26/24 11:39 PM

OMG Draclvr we posted at the same time, if I saw yours first I would not have posted mine.
Posted By: linda333

Re: Steam - 03/27/24 12:20 AM

Thank you all for your replies. I am back on Steam with no issues now. I think perhaps it was on their end....thanks again.

Re: Steam - 03/27/24 12:40 AM

Starcom, you should NEVER hesitate to post something here! I need all the help I can get!

And thanks, oldbroad. It's good to know that this isn't unheard of! Glad you are back on Steam, Linda!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Steam - 03/27/24 01:27 AM

I've actually had it happen three times on Tuesday late afternoons, so that must be when they update or something.

Re: Steam - 03/27/24 02:10 AM

Interesting... good to know. Thanks again, oldbroad! The voice of experience!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community