[Linked Image]

From the makers of House of Da Vinci, this is a new house, not another of Leonardo's but one featuring Nikola Tesla. What we have so far is a demo that will take you about half an hour, depending. The first game starts with you trying to get in; here you come to in a room and need to get out.

The demo functions as a tutorial for the game which is to come, and concludes when you manage to get out of this first room. It is well constructed, introducing you to (presumably) all the aspects of the game that will be needed. In that regard the interface isn't the most intuitive I have experienced (it's also rather fiddly), so having the game take you through its paces is a good first step.

Like the earlier game I played it looks great and sounds just as good. It plays in the first person and is done entirely with the mouse. Hold to drag your view around you, double-click to 'zoom' to somewhere else and double-click again to examine something. Right click to back out. The cursor changing to a magnifying glass or a hand will indicate something that warrants further attention.

When engaged in a puzzle (and there are plenty in this demo) you will often have to mimic an action with the mouse (rotate, slide, pull, etc.). Ditto at other times.
The inventory ribbon sits left of screen and click to examine or manipulate. Certain items need fiddling with or combining with other items to complete them, indicated by little icons. A timed hint button sits top left, and a special gizmo I built now sits middle right. I have also had a vision of the past, which was helpful in solving an issue in the present.

The earlier Da Vinci game I played was all about the puzzles and I liked it a lot. On the strength of this, I imagine this one will be the same.

Once again, weeds are my life!