[Linked Image]

This is roughly an hour-long demo that gives access to what is apparently the prologue and the beginning of the first chapter. It intrigued me enough to mean I will come back, but confused me with respect to what on earth was going on.

Described as a first-person cinematic psychological horror game, KARMA is set in 1984 in an alternate post-war East Germany. The Leviathan Corporation looms large, surveilling and controlling the general and the personal. You play Daniel, a Roam Agent for the Thought Bureau, able to investigate the minds of suspects and the darkness within.

Most of that I know cos I read it. By the end of the demo, it was clear though that there was some mind-to-mind stuff going on, and that Leviathan and its AI 'Mother' controls its employees. 1984 seems apt.

It plays in the first person and has a visual look suited to the surreal nature of the events you play through. Hotspots are indicated, and clicking might result in an action or pull up the inventory in order to select an item to use. You might also end up e.g., sitting in a chair faced with a number of different actions to complete.

It uses a combination of mouse and keyboard, the former to interact with the world, the latter for most everything else. It saves automatically.

I had to escape from a monster, but if it caught me, I just got to try again. There were also some tricked up environments that I had to escape through, maze-like in their construct.

To date there have been no out and out puzzles, everything being find and use the item or complete the particular action. Including to successfully run away!

Once again, weeds are my life!