GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Copycat Now Available #1329910
09/19/24 06:22 PM
09/19/24 06:22 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Bring ‘COPYCAT’ Home Today: Out Now on Steam!
Get your paws on this much-anticipated cat indie game with a new trailer to celebrate.

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the demo here.

Check out the official website here.

19 SEPTEMBER 2024 – The much-anticipated cat indie game, Copycat, is up for adoption today on Steam! This three hour game is available on PC for USD $14.99 (regional prices will vary) with a 10% Steam launch discount. Copycat’s delightful soundtrack is also available for USD $3.99.

"We are so humbled to bring Copycat into the world! We were inspired to create a game that demonstrates the complex and nuanced world of cat ownership. Copycat is about a pet who learns to deal with abandonment, and a human forced to surrender. Together, two souls go on a journey to discover the meaning of family and home. Thank you to our players and early reviewers for the heartfelt feedback.”
​- Kostia & Samantha, Spoonful of Wonder

About the game
Copycat is an emotional, narrative-driven game about the meaning of home. It follows the story of a newly adopted shelter cat, who becomes the victim of an elaborate plan, when a jealous, stray copycat steals her place in the household.

The game's colourful visuals delight the senses while exploring dark emotional depths of the human condition. Wander alleyways, fences and rooftops as Dawn tries to make her way back home and be reunited with Olive. But when she arrives, will Olive recognise her? How will Olive make the choice between cats? Or was Dawn the copycat all along?

Key Features
Story from the heart: Copycat disguises itself as a simple story about a cat trying to discover where she truly belongs, but underneath lies a philosophical narrative layer that will make you pause and feel. It asks questions about our own existence and place in the world.

Animal expert as your conscience: Play as a domestic housecat while a nature documentary narrates your every move.

See the world through cat eyes: Climb trees, fight dogs, and explore the neighbourhood with intuitive, smooth cat-like controls. Make mischief, knock things on the ground, hide in boxes, run through the long grass, and meow at everything that moves.

Guided by your moral compass: Reflect on themes of home, loneliness and belonging through a complex, three-act story told effortlessly through three hours of video game narrative.

Voiced with passion: Copycat is fully voice-acted featuring hours of dialogue with a talented cast.

Music to your ears: Experience a diverse score spanning jazz, lullaby music and tribal music. Heartwarming original score composed by Daniel Bunting.

Enjoy atmospheric locations: Including the cozy family house, sunkissed backyard, creepy alleyways, and lush national parks.

A touch of Australia: Made with local voices and locations under the Australian sun.

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Copycat Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1329920
09/19/24 07:19 PM
09/19/24 07:19 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana! This has been on my wishlist. I already feel so bad for the poor little cat!

Re: Copycat Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1330992
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Sweden
Mikael Online content
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Online Content
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Oh My! I just finished this short but HIGHLY unusual game. While it's very far from a perfect game, I don't think that any game has had such an emotional impact on me.

The game plays in third person with a constantly moving camera, but is very easy. It has some sequences that require fast reflexes, but if you miss them (which I constantly did), they're repeated without any time limit whatsoever. It doesn't have any actual puzzles. Gameplay-wise, it resembles Firewatch and Gone Home.

A piece of advice: If you're interested in buying the game, feel free to watch the videos on Steam, but don't read the summary on the website (quoted by Ana above), since it both contains unnecessary spoilers, and is terribly inaccurate. Although the game's website is very personal, I can't see how this summary could possibly have been written by the creators. Thankfully, I didn't read it until after I had played the game.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else here has played the game, and would love to hear your thoughts.

Re: Copycat Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1330993
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for your post Mikael! Unfortunately, I have not yet bought the game. I hope somebody else is playing and will post their thoughts.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Mikael, Orion), 189 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
temuraru, Rachaelenoire2, melan, deniu, sincmic1
9396 Registered Users