|
1 hour ago
I went to click on my Laruaville icon and accidentally clicked The Secret of Arcanesium: A Mosaic Mystery so I have started that even though I am also playing Rainbow Mosaics: Blooming Garden. It's interesting so far.
253
8,824
more...
|
|
1 hour ago
Good Morning Everyone! Wide Awake Double Dark Brew is ready.  How frightening oldbroad!  I hope you are right and the issue is resolved. Draclvr 90 degrees!  I sure hope it cools down today! We are expecting another mostly cloudy day with some rain overnight, but I'll take that...no 90 degrees here!  Welcome to Friday...enjoy!  Gerry
260
4,190
more...
|
|
|
6 hours ago
Afraid not, close but not quite
26
107
more...
|
|
|
8 hours ago
Rest in peace, Mary. You will be remembered fondly by your GameBoomer family. My sincere condolences to her friends and family.
15
136
more...
|
|
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
And that's a wrap!
14
51
more...
|
|
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Thanks flotsam (and Drac)!
Didn't know you were a VR person, Ana! Quite sure I would not be able to do VR! I've done VR about 6 years since the Quest 2 came out. I can't do it too long or too often because I get seasick, but I absolutely love it and would play lots more if I could!
4
21
more...
|
|
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
I certainly am. Just taking a break after having finished the first game.
118
3,198
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Very cool, thanks Ana
5
28
more...
|
|
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
I am not terribly far into this, but real life has prevented me getting any further for the moment, so I thought I should share my initial impressions. To quote the Steam page, "A boy went missing. A village drowned. And somehow you can reach into the past." It has been a gentle, even peaceful experience so far, all of it occurring under water. As Mora, you are exploring the sunken ruins of her village following the fish you can summon to help guide your endeavours. I confess to having not done terribly much more at this stage than languidly swim about and settle into things, but it is all rather serene. The view of my forearms as they swim me around just adds a little something. The game says you will "unlock portals to the days before the flood," and I have found a number of these. These are the Echoes, memories if you will, and they will no doubt flesh out what went on and perhaps assist in what is to come. As the game tells you, the lake remembers. Throughout the game you will gather 'fragments,' whispers of the past which relate to the echoes. How they relate you can find out for yourself. Activating a portal plays out as a cutscene, one in which you can both see and hear the participants. You might also be present in these scenes. And how the game plays out is apparently in Mora's hands. The game uses both the keyboard and mouse, and while using the inventory is a little fussy, it's a small thing. There is spoken word, as well as a soundtrack and ambient sound, and a watery, colourful vista. Movement is completely free, and I don't think I have played a game where swimming is the primary means of getting around. It is rather soothing. You can save whenever you like by exiting the game, and it utilises a single save point. Just hit continue in the start menu to pick up where you left off. I am currently exploring the family home, trying to find the objects necessary to enter my old bedroom. I can take my time, because as the GB announcement said, there are no timers or dangers waiting around the next corner, just a quiet world full of secret places, lost belongings and stories waiting to be found. Which sounds enticing and is certainly consistent with my experience to date.
0
6
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 07:19 PM
203
10,935
more...
|
|
Yesterday at 07:18 PM
Thanks, Orion!
1
54
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 06:57 PM
Thank you, BET 🙂
4
24
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 06:57 PM
Thanks for your info, flotsam 👍
(And thank you, too, Draclvr.)
5
34
more...
|
|
Yesterday at 06:52 PM
 OrleansBelle ... nice finish!
27
154
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 05:11 PM
Thanks Marian!
2
20
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 04:45 PM
384
68,774
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
Good one, Hi Michele.
25
85
more...
|
|
|
Yesterday at 01:55 AM
9
115
more...
|
|
|
09/30/26 11:18 PM
That is good news to hear that they are still working on making more of these older games available for download.
267
14,193
more...
|
|
09/30/26 09:30 PM
Self described as a "disturbing first person Lovecraftian horror adventure," after about 2 hours of play I can say that seems fairly apt. You are a paranormal investigator, who arrives in a forest to find the other two members of his team missing and a body nearby. Shortly after, a bright light appears in the sky and the game 'rewinds' 24 hours. To an office, where a bit of exploration will set you on the path to the residence of the Thorne brothers and the game proper begins. As noted it plays in the first person, utlising both the mouse and the keyboard. Use the mouse to interact with the world, to look around and to 'steer' your character and the keyboard for everything else. A small white dot centre of screen represents your curser and slightly larger white circles in the environment indicates something to interact with. Just click and see what happens; maybe gather the item, read a note, zoom in for a closer look or simply examine and put back down. There is a lot to do, much of it to add depth, but some of it essential. Relevant notes you pick up will automatically go into your journal where they can be reviewed at any time. Inventory items will be used automatically if you have the right one, and to date I have only ever had a single item at any time. I quite like this approach, as it allows you to get on with things without the need to quiz the inventory. It is a big world even in the early stages, and a fair chunk of my playtime has been scouring the locations for needed items. I am minded to go everywhere anyway when I start a game, but missing an item comes with a degree of hopeful re-exploration. It looks and sounds excellent, the lighting being particularly impressive, although there is little movement in the game world. What there is though is more impactful as a result. I am aware that there are things that can kill me, and whilst my only fatality to date has been the result of falling in a hole, the potential hostility of the environment has been apparent more than once. I am also aware that stealth will be a factor, but can't tell you anything more about that yet. I can tell you that you can choose to play on Easy, so hopefully that will assist, and that if you die you will start again from the most recent save point. In that regard, the game exclusively autosaves and not on exit. How frustrating that might become when I have to avoid death remains to be seen. More to come when I have moved on.
0
6
more...
|
|
09/30/26 08:19 PM
Am looking forward to it Marian. Just about to start
75
2,046
more...
|
|
09/30/26 07:44 PM
One of the greats, Lady K Could say you were a revolting student, Cheryl  In the film, flotsam Koala / soot - tied it up nicely
35
234
more...
|
|
|
09/30/26 06:58 PM
Thanks, Marian!
2
38
more...
|
|
09/30/26 03:25 PM
There are 2 SpaceX launches scheduled for Thursday Oct 1st from Florida 1. Falcon 9’s launch of Dragon’s 13th operational human spaceflight mission (Crew-13) to the International Space Station from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida. Launch is targeted for 11:10 am EST. Following stage separation, Falcon 9’s first stage will land on Landing Zone 40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station Watch on NSFDragon .... On the padInternational Space Station ...... Livestream of Earth from the ISS** 2. Falcon Heavy’s launch of the NROL-97 mission from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Liftoff is targeted for 11:53 pm. EST, a night launch. Following stage separation, Falcon Heavy’s two side boosters will land on SpaceX’s Landing Zones 1 and 2 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida. Watch on SpaceX and/or NSFFalcon HeavyNROL 97 - Classified payload for the US National Reconnaissance Office. This classified mission is operated by the National Reconnaissance Office, the U.S. government agency responsible for designing, building, and operating reconnaissance satellites. NRO missions support national security by providing critical intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities from space **** Inspections have begun after Starship Flight 14 - Starship Live
91
3,247
more...
|
|
09/30/26 03:19 PM
You're very welcome, Rog. It's my job.
29
262
more...
|
|
|
|