GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Pandora Directive Remaster on Standby #1323739
06/20/24 10:39 AM
06/20/24 10:39 AM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
Mat Van Rhoon has announced the Pandora Directive Remaster has been put on hold.

My continued involvement in Tex Murphy

Some folks might be asking what this means for the future of Tex Murphy projects, including the Pandora Directive Remaster. Until now, I have been dedicated to doing my part in that project in my spare time. These tasks include remastering the full motion video from the original tapes, redesigning the game environments, remastering the sound and music, and modernizing the game design. For the most part, those tasks have been conquered, and the logical next step would be to get the band back together again to march the project towards the finish line. However, that will require more than a part-time, passion project level of dedication. The entire team will need to be back on board 100%. Anything else would disrespect both the project’s contributors and critical stakeholders. Not everybody is available or willing to commit to this right now. However, many of us who still want to complete this project will remain on standby until the entire team is ready to engage and support it together.

I guess the only thing remaining left to say is, welcome to Terabbite Studios!

Not good news. I know many were excited about this remaster including myself. They were getting to the finish line. In the meantime Mat has pursued a new IP in The Last Ark.

From the description of the "Gameplay" The Last Ark is leaning towards some type of "Management" game. I'm not sure. With development just getting under way who knows where Mat will take it. It is described as:

"a thriller that will deliver a new twist on consequential, choice-driven narrative gameplay

For now The Last Ark is scheduled for a 2026 release

It's never too late!
Re: Pandora Directive Remaster on Standby [Re: Orion] #1323740
06/20/24 11:45 AM
06/20/24 11:45 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Very disappointing to learn of this, but thank you for letting us know. Pandora Directive is one of my all-time favorite games and I will still be happy to replay the original, regardless. wave

Re: Pandora Directive Remaster on Standby [Re: Orion] #1323743
06/20/24 01:26 PM
06/20/24 01:26 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for the info, Orion.

Re: Pandora Directive Remaster on Standby [Re: Orion] #1323745
06/20/24 02:09 PM
06/20/24 02:09 PM
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer
GreyFuss  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thank you Orion, darn but for a change, there are several other 'GreyFuss' games in the works and hopefully that by the time each of those are released and I have played them the Pandora Directive Remastered will once again be alive and production will be resumed. .

"Don't Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful...There Are Many Other Reasons!"
Re: Pandora Directive Remaster on Standby [Re: Orion] #1323747
06/20/24 03:39 PM
06/20/24 03:39 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Orion, I announced The Last Ark Here.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Pandora Directive Remaster on Standby [Re: Orion] #1323753
06/20/24 04:35 PM
06/20/24 04:35 PM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
Thank you Ana, I hope it is a good game for many to enjoy. With Mat behind the project the chances are good it will be as long as this team does not take off

I hope you are right GreyFuss. Something tells me there might be more going on behind the scenes that we are not being told. How do you spend countless hours remastering from old original tapes just for some to abandon it. It does not sound good. And they were doing such a great job....sad.....BUT my fingers are crossed!

It's never too late!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 58 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
melan, deniu, sincmic1, boxbluestudios, Watcheroftheskys
9394 Registered Users