[Linked Image]

This is a colourful bit of adventuring aimed at preventing Heaven from going bang.

At its centre is a watch that manipulates time, which you (as the angel Cassiel) will use to turn it backwards and forwards in order to save Heaven in the 6 hours you have available to you. The watch sits bottom right, ominously counting down those 6 hours. If they run out, then goodbye Heaven. Which has already happened.

I am about an hour in and I seem to have a great degree of freedom when it comes to manipulating time. Need some more? Just turn it back. Don't want to sit around and wait? Turn it forward. You control how far and how often you go backwards and forwards, on each occasion building on what you know in order to achieve your objectives.

It took me a bit of time (no pun intended 🙂) to figure out the rules of time manipulation, but the main one is that you turn it back in space as well. So, if you wind it back to 12.00, which is when your 6 hours started, you will be back on the couch in your home where the whole needing to fix things first began. You will have the knowledge you acquired but apart from the watch you won't have any of the items you might have collected. You will know where and how you found them, but if you want them you need to gather them again. You also have to play your way back through the events that have occurred, although your knowledge and the ability to brush off conversations and cut to the chase means it can likely be done a whole lot faster.

Which is good, given the clock is always ticking.

I must admit that I really like this aspect, but it does have the potential to become frustrating. Depending on how many times I have to redo things will determine that aspect.

But so far so very good. I have a strategy that I am employing based on discarding one or two others that didn't work and a couple of heavenly bangs (which gets you a little 'heads-up' with Death which can be useful). I am confident it will stand me in good stead, but that of course remains to be seen. I do fully expect I will need to be a tad flexible as things move on.

The game plays entirely with the keyboard (or a game controller) and while the controls can be a little fiddly you should settle into them after a short while. You can save at will, but you only have one save slot. I recently acquired a new ability and interrogating the controls menu suggests I will learn a couple more. It plays in the third person, and you by and large move Cassiel left and right as the scene scrolls. Cutscenes occur, choose conversation topics when presented, it is fully voiced, and looks and sounds as a jaunty animated adventure should.

I am liking it a lot.

Once again, weeds are my life!